Skip to main content

When tomorrow starts without me (adapted)

Seen many years ago but adapted to give a better meter


When tomorrow starts without me
And I’m not there to see
If the sun should rise to find your eyes
Are filled with tears for me

I wish you wouldn’t cry for me
The way you did today
While thinking of the many things
We didn't get to say

I know how much you loved me
The same as I loved you
And every time you think of me
I know you'll miss me too

So when tomorrow starts with out me
Please try to understand
An angel came and called my name
Then took me by the hand

He said my place was ready
In that Heaven far above,
That I would have to leave behind
All those I dearly loved

But when I walked through Heaven’s Gates
I felt so much at home
As God looked down and smiled at me
From 'pon his golden throne.

He said "This Is Eternity
And All I promised you
Today your life on earth is past,
But here it starts anew

I promise no tomorrow
For today will always last
And since each day’s the same here,
There's no longing for the past"

So when tomorrow starts without me
Don't think we’re far apart,
For every time you think of me,
I’m right there, in your heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Past

Gifts of gold, incense and myrrh For that baby lying there Were not gifts without much thought, Significant references, they brought. GOLD , for riches of a king, Of properties e'erlasting ring, To celebrate the Kingly birth, Who came as man upon the earth. FRANKINCENSE came from the east For th'annointing of a priest, This babe, a Prophet, Priest and King, Eternal life for all to bring. MYRRH was given, though bitter it's taste, Preparing for the death to be faced, The purpose of His life, - the Cross, To save the world from eternal loss. The media bombard with ads., Pushing forth the latest fads, The parents now seem under stress, They're spending more, though giving less. Oh to live in bygone days Though cash was scarce, with less in pays, The children, then, were quite content And knew what Christmas really meant

25 have past July 17th 2023

  šŸ’  ' 25 '  H a v e P a s t   šŸ’                                                                 W as it really so long ago?                           I t seems like just a few,                          L ove was boundless in the air,                          L ooking down on you .                           I remember my old dad, that's                          A ileen’s grandad, too,                         M arching slowly, up the aisle,                       A dorned by none, but you.                       N ext he gave you to your men, your                                  D ad, pastor, and beau,                       A ileen and William pronounced their vows                       I nsisting love would grow.                            L ike yesterday, I’m sure it seems,                       E ven though it’s gone so fast,                       E xactly where, did those years fly?                       N ow   " twenty-five "  have past.                  

I love you dad.

    I told my dad, while on his bed, assuming he did sleep, In hospital, [ he'd not come home ] with tears my eyes did weep, “I love you dad” Then hugged him tight, while feebly he replied “I.............love...............you................too..............son” THAT’S the thing I cherish, since he died. With forty years age difference, while young, we were not close. He wasn't very tactile and nor was he verbose, But as we aged, did closer grow, in ways he’d show his love, We’ll meet again, don’t know the ‘when’, – the ‘where’? – in Heaven above. I then went out to my car after this and bawled my eyes out at having had this special moment.